Dorsey + TeleMedicine
24/7 Access to Doctors from the Safety of your Home.
Dorsey is more than just Dental!
Our partnership with DialCare provides our Members a modern, easy-to-use telemedicine solution for non-emergency illnesses and general care. You and your family have direct access to state-licensed and fully credentialed doctors, via phone or video consultations, to receive treatment and advice for common ailments, including colds, the flu, rashes and more.
What is TeleMedicine?
Joining is Easy!
Sign up for a Dorsey Plan that includes TeleMedicine, complete your registration and account setup.
Discuss your symptoms with a doctor on your favorite device, from the comfort of your home or on the go.
Let the Doctor guide you back to health.
What Conditions can be Treated?
Benefits of our TeleMedicine Service
Easy to Use
Doctors Available via Phone, Tablet or a Computer.
Accessible at Home, Work or on the Go.
As a Member, you can speak to a Doctor with
No Consult Fee!
Frequently Asked Questions about TeleMedicine
What is TeleMedicine?
You can consult with these doctors for common ailments such as a cold and even more severe ailments such as a rash or the flu without ever having to step foot in a doctor’s office.
When medically appropriate, telemedicine doctors can also prescribe short-term, non-DEA controlled medications and have them sent to the pharmacy of your choice for added convenience. Telemedicine fits your schedule and makes getting back to your normal routine easy.
How Much do TeleMedicine Consultations Cost?
Compare that to other TeleMedicine plans that require you to pay a consultation fee every time you call!
How Do I Access TeleMedicine Once I Sign Up for a Dorsey Plan?
- Follow the instructions in your Membership Packet to create and register your account online or by calling a toll-free number.
- Fill out your medical history. Any dependents over 18 will have their own medical profile and be required to fill out their own medical history. Your medical history is required before you can consult with a doctor.
- Request a video or telephonic consult either online, over the phone or through the mobile app.
When Should I use TeleMedicine?
Can I use TeleMedicine while I'm on the go?
Am I Guaranteed to get a Prescription?
While DialCare doctors can write prescriptions and send them to the pharmacy of your choice, prescriptions are written at the discretion of your doctor. Also, keep in mind that doctors do not write prescriptions for DEA-controlled substances or other classes of medication such as mood-altering drugs, including antidepressants, antianxiety or lifestyle medications.
information concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The Coronavirus is a respiratory illness. It is thought to have emerged from an animal source but is now capable of spreading from person to person.
- Coronavirus symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- The virus is communicated between people via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- There is currently no Coronavirus vaccine.
- There is no antiviral treatment for the Coronavirus. Infected persons can seek medical help to relieve their symptoms. DialCare doctors can help determine which over-the-counter medications would be best for controlling certain symptoms.
How can you protect yourself? - Remember to 'WASH'
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds regularly. If you need a timer, try humming the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice in a row. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that consists of at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Hold a tissue over your mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing. Then throw the tissue in the trash. You can also cough or sneeze into your elbow.
more information from cdc and who
Can telemedicine help me with questions or concerns about Coronavirus (covid-19)?
With DialCare, the doctor is always in, offering convenient relief for your body and peace of mind.
Dorsey Dental provides Dental & Medical discount plans for individuals, families, small businesses and organizations. We were established in 1985, becoming the first Dental Discount Plan in the State of Texas.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
We take data security seriously.
Therefore we have implemented a variety of measures to protect our members’ information.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon | 9:00am – 4:00pm
Tues | 9:00am – 4:00pm
Wed | 9:00am – 4:00pm
Thur | 9:00am – 4:00pm
Fri | 9:00am – 2:00pm